Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wedding

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to do the wedding make-up for a friend of a friend. It was a blast and it confirmed that there is nothing like a makeover. It was rewarding for me to see the transformation of each girl - in their own way and in their own style - love the way they looked. I caught the youngest looking at herself in the mirror on the table, behind the kitchenette, at the mirror in the hallway. For those hours, she felt her best, her prettiest, a new confidence and a new look.

I think it is our purpose to make others feel important. It is vital to lift another's spirit so that a new confidence can shine through. I think words or actions or a kind note or genuine compliment can make someone feel her best, her prettiest, her most confident. It may makeover a mood or an outlook or attitude. In turn, that may be passed on to someone else and then the world can be made-over. 

Ah, the positive idealist in me is revealed.

No comments: