Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reboot Your Life - Next Step

This week, I've explored what it would look like to REBOOT a facet of your life. To reload your operating system in an area of your life where things are running slowly or you keep getting error  messages or the software keeps shutting down.
For clarity's sake (mainly mine), I'll review and revamp what I've found. 

Step One: Cleanse   Shut down the system. You can shut down the way you've been operating. Even if it's for 10 or 15 minutes you can stop what you're doing. If you're operating out of fear, or discouragement, or pride, or depression or negativity; you can stop for a moment and stop what you're thinking or feeling. 

Next  Step: Exfoliate  [Like how I've turned my computer reference into makeover references?] In cosmetology, exfoliation involves removal of the dead skin to reveal the healthiest, youngest skin. Get out a journal or even your blackberry, go to your therapist, call on your best friend. List, describe, rant, dig. Rough yourself up with the questions: Why do I need a makeover? Why am I operating like this? What have I done? What triggered it? How do I do to get restarted? What have I got?

Next Step: Freshen   In skin care, a freshener is used to remove excess dirt, makeup and residue after the cleansing step. It rebalances the pH in the skin, reduces the look of pores and gives the skin a clean sensation. This may be my favorite step in the makeover! This is where I get to decide what I will do from where I am. I love to make a plan and set a goal.  What will I do differently now that I know what I know? What is the next right step? 

My next right step in the midst of my race disappointment was inevitably enter another race. Not just any race, but a half marathon!  I knew that it would give me direction, help me set a new training plan and me satisfaction. I want to operate out of that! The first one I found was sold out! However, this past Tuesday, the very race that was cancelled in February offered a half-price registration deal for runners in 2011. You can bet I took the step! Excitement, direction and satisfaction. How's that for a makeover?! 


What is your next right step?


COMING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS: Moisturize & Protect!







No comments: