Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reboot Your Life - Step Up

In skin care, the protection stage is the one that I left out for too many years. I joke that growing up my skin care routine was zinc oxide and Cover Girl Shimmering Shell lipstick. I didn't know that the sun, the heat, the air conditioning, the everyday elements could increase wrinkles, freckles, and blemishes! In the past few years, I've found that SPF and foundation are the most important ingredients to protect my skin from the daily elements.

A friend of mine once explained that protecting your skin from the elements was as important as painting the exterior of your home. If you neglect the exterior, your home will deteriorate before your eyes. 

If you don't protect your new decisions, your new direction, your new vision, your new habits, they will deteriorate before your eyes. Negativity, discouragement, life can chip away at your resolve. One of the most important ways to speak what you believe.


One of my favorite scriptures is: 


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. [Ephesians 4:29]


Words are so powerful. When used for building yourself or others they can change your world: your way of thinking, your habits, your character. I aspire to this verse because I've found when I speak positively it's like I can form a layer of protection around my dreams.


What are you saying to yourself? What are you saying to others? How can you protect with your words, today? 



No comments: